OALA's CDP Pre-Certification Course:
Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Care Seminar
Required seminar to apply for your Certified Dementia Practitioner Certification (CDP) from the National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners (NCCDP)
Hilton Columbus at Easton
3900 Chagrin Dr., Columbus Ohio
8:00am - 5:00pm
7.0 CEUs (pending final approval)
This Seminar is the requirement for those pursuing the
Certified Dementia Practitioner (CDP) certification
Eligibility requirements for CDP application can be found by downloading the application that will need completed within 30 days of taking course at OALA conference. To see qualifications, you can find the CDP application at www.nccdp.org
This Seminar will cover:
- A better, more enhanced understanding of Alzheimer's and dementia and the common causes of aggressive, repetitive, and sun downing behaviors.
- Review of behavioral and care interventions used to prevent or reduce difficult care situations.
- Learn to use unique activity interventions that are success oriented and failure free.
- Discuss the challenges related to caregiving stress and stress reduction techniques.
Following this Seminar, attendees will need to:
- Complete the application to NCCDP within 30 days - the application will be in the notebook provided to attendees (further guidance will be given at the seminar)
- The application will require the provided Seminar completion certificate & OALA discount letter which saves you $90 on the actual application fee. (given to attendees at the end of the seminar)
Attendees going through this pre-certification course would not be able to attend the conference sessions due to classroom time needed with this course.
Note: A deposit of one night room and tax will be charged upon making your hotel reservation at the Hilton Columbus at Easton. This deposit will go towards your standard room charges or be refunded should you follow the cancellation policy.
1-Day: CDP Course:
Members $210 Non-members $245
CDP Course & 1-Day Conference:
Members $315 Non-members $400
Registration for this seminar will be held near actual classroom
No refunds after October 25, 2019.