Information for Assisted Living Providers -Please refer to OALA's Updates for the most current information.
- Encourage frequent hand washing and use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers
- Cover coughs and sneezes - face masks are recommended
- Stay home when you are sick and encourage staff and visitors to do the same
- Review your current infection control guidelines, policies and procedures to ensure they follow current recommendations to prevent the spread of illnesses
- Visit trusted sources and share information that is current and fact-based. Sign up for automatic email updates from public health agencies to stay informed.
- Provide training and education on topics such as hand hygiene and proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Prevent spreading infection to other healthcare facilities by informing providers prior to transferring residents with suspected or confirmed respiratory illness