Ohio Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline:
Information for Assisted Living Providers
- Encourage frequent hand washing and use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers
- Cover coughs and sneezes - face masks are recommended
- Stay home when you are sick and encourage staff and visitors to do the same
- Review your current infection control guidelines, policies and procedures to ensure they follow current recommendations to prevent the spread of illnesses
- Visit trusted sources and share information that is current and fact-based. Sign up for automatic email updates from public health agencies to stay informed.
- Provide training and education on topics such as hand hygiene and proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Prevent spreading infection to other healthcare facilities by informing providers prior to transferring residents with suspected or confirmed respiratory illness
OALA is committed to providing resources to all assisted living providers through this unprecedented time.