Call for Speakers
Fall Conference 2022
The Ohio Assisted Living Association is proud to announce the call for speakers is now officially open for the 2022 Fall Conference.
OALA Conference and Trade Shows are recognized as the premier Assisted Living conferences in Ohio. Attendees hear and learn from some of the most influential thought leaders, executives, and experts in the Assisted Living industry. Our attendees earn continuing education hours during each conference session for industry related certification and/or license renewals.
Our theme for this in-person conference is Leadership in Senior Living - Igniting your Core Team! and will be hosted at the Columbus Hilton at Easton on November 7-8, 2022.
Deadline for Speaker submissions is Friday, July 15th, 2022 and speaker selections will close on Wednesday, July 20, 2022. Speakers selected will be notified by Friday, July 22, 2022 via email. All submissions will be added to an internal speaker list and may be contacted for additional OALA conferences and programs.
Many of our sessions will follow a traditional, solo presenter format, but we are looking to incorporate a variety of formats to include panel discussions, immersive workshops and specialty certifications. Presentation sessions are typically 90 minutes in length and feature thought leadership from experts in the industry. Presenters should come prepared with original content for our audience and offer tactical advice to attendees.
- Speakers (including co-presenters) will be granted complimentary conference registration and networking events. Specialty Certifications and other workshops are not included.
- Speakers will receive a complimentary exhibitor booth at the Trade Show, if desired.
- Speakers will receive professional exposure on our website and will be featured on public platforms for Social Media conference advertisement as well as conference brochures and email campaigns to OALA members.
- A conference attendee list will be provided after the conference. Please note that email addresses will not be included.
Session Speaker Expectations
- Providing excellent educational sessions is at the heart of Ohio Assisted Living Association’s platform, as such we look for session presenters who are willing to share their expertise without the expectation of payment. Confirmed session speakers will not be compensated for their conference participation and will be responsible for all their own travel and accommodation expenses.
- Session speakers agree that presenting a session is an opportunity to share information and is not a showcase for promotion of business, practice, service or product. NO sales pitches are allowed during presentations or sessions.
- Speakers are expected to present in-person, and to bring their PowerPoint slide deck presentation loaded on a mobile drive and be available sixty (60) minutes prior to the session start time.
- Speakers agree to make no substantial changes to content, format, audio/visual needs, room set-up, identity or number of presenters, date or time without prior approval.
- Speakers agree to design and provide high-quality PowerPoint presentations, in electronic format, by the deadline given for printing in the OALA conference manual.
- To give OALA permission to audio and/or video record any session for the purpose of posting to the OALA website for purchase of on-demand learning, or otherwise using the recording and/or video at a later time in any product or media.
We are seeking topics that touch on Leadership.
Please complete the form below to submit your information and proposed details. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
Please be patient, your form submission may take a couple minutes to complete.